Monday, December 02, 2002

Well, it's the second day of December, and what do I have to show for it?

Out of 35 items on my working list of things to do, I have 18 left. Now, four of those are writing-related, and will be kept until last (unless I finish Budget Cuts any time soon...) Three of those should be finished tonight, I hope; I'm going to try my best, at least. Cleaning the basement is on there twice, since I'm cutting it in half, and there are some little things I need to catch up on, like leaving feedback on ebay. (I probably should mention that I've discovered that I haven't been paid for some stuff; I have quite a few books in the basement that I haven't seen a dime for. I'm debating whether or not to try to get paid for these items, or just box them up and say to heck with it. I'm leaning towards the latter, since I'd like to spend my last week here without much to do.)

Counting today, I have 22 days left until Christmas Eve, which, if I work things right, means that I have 22 days to finish moving out. So, 22 days until D-Day, I guess. I will put my two weeks' notice in on December 13th, and pray like hell I have a job come January 6th at the latest.

So. 22 days. 22 days to finish cleaning and packing. Mom did say that if I had anything left, we could get it over Christmas weekend, which is true, but I'd like to have most everything moved by then. When I leave here December 23rd, I don't want to have to come back.

I have a lot of garbage. I have at least a carload of clothes to take to Goodwill. I have to call the Volunteers of America to pick up some furniture (I think I'm going to ask them about the clothes, too...)

I probably already have a carload of stuff to take Saturday; I cleaned the bedroom, hall, steps, landing, dining room, and living room today, and packed a lot of clothes and stuff. I have approximately two weeks' worth of clothes unpacked; the rest got packed up and will be unpacked this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home